By Natalie Sims
How to add whimsy to your every day life:
Do you ever find yourself waking up and thinking,
‘yay, I get to do the same thing today that I have been doing for the past 365 days.’?
Yeah... Me too. Sometimes repitition can really put a damper on our days and diminish our self worth and our willingness to be awesome and do awesome! So here are a few tips to change your thoughts first thing in the morning:
- Move – whether this is finding a new spot to hike, attending the nearest Zumba class, or practicing yoga in your bed when you first wake up. Do something that gets your body moving.
- Say Hello – go outside and talk to your neighbor, who always walks their dog or cuts their grass early on Saturday morning, that you have never actually met. introduce yourself. Know their name. Get your favorite barista’s name and tell them they make a killer chai tea latte. Just meet someone new. People are cool.
- Read – this can be a 500 page novel, an article in your favorite magazine or a post on your go-to blog. Reading stimulates your mind and gets you thinking about things beyond ourselves.
- Compliment yourself – Look in the mirror and say, “dang, I look good today! I am enough!”
- Treat yo’ self – eat ice-cream, watch The Bachelor, go on a road trip, find a new waterfall, spend a little too much money on an at-home facial kit, jam out to 90’s rap songs in your car. Do what you enjoy.
- Try something new – Inner-tube water polo? Sure, why not. You might be the best inner-tube water polo(er) this world has ever seen.
- Go – go out and change the world. make a difference. be kind to people. keep your head up when you walk. everyone is in this together. Never forget to smile at people.